Monday, September 18, 2006

avoid dizziness

Avoiding dizziness in an unpredictable world of constant movement and change requires intimate knowledge of an Unchanging Center. In the first chapter of Colossians, Paul tells us in several ways what, or better, who that Center is.

God’s Kingdom has a center
“ For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves” vs. 13

Our Understanding of God has a center
“He is the image of the invisible God" vs. 15

All Of Creation has a Center
“the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.” Vs. 15-17

The Church has a Center
“And he is the head of the body, the church” vs. 18

My Hope has A Center
“Christ in you, the hope of glory.” Vs. 27

It is impossible for me to maintain balance in this crazy life without Jesus at the center. Everything was created by Him and for Him. Yes, everything you can see, feel, smell, and touch are for Him. It is all for Jesus. This includes me. My life makes sense when He is the central focus. My identity and purpose are discovered in Him. Those who desire to follow Jesus must center “EVERYTHING” on Him. It is simple-not easy, but simple: “But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.” 2 Cor. 11:3

If I center myself on Jesus, I can experience peace (lack of dizziness) no matter what. It truly is that simple.

He is our King so we obey Him.
He is our God so we worship Him.
He is our creator so we find my purpose in Him.
He is the leader of our church so we follow Him.
He is our hope so we look to Him.

May this simple yet profound truth penetrate and refresh your heart today.

Chris

No comments: