Monday, November 19, 2007

Do Justice...


Today is a great opportunity to make this world a better place. No matter where we go today as we walk with Jesus, we can humble ourselves under His mighty hand and He will grace us with strength to make a difference in other's lives.

Look around yourself. Do you see them? Do you see those who are hurting? Do you see the ugly, unpopular, under priveledged who suffer. Go to them, encourage them, pray for them. Be the life of Jesus and spead justice in an unjust world.

To love mercy is a major driving force in bringing heaven to earth. Mercy means to see people from two vantage points: 1. You must see through God's eyes. What do He see when He looks at a person? What does He feel? What insight does He have about the why and how of thier suffering? 2. You must see through the other person's eyes. How do they feel? What is it like to be them?

To walk humbly with Jesus is to realize that I am no better than anyone, and deserve no better (I don't want what I deserve) than those who may be suffering around me. To wash the feet of those in need is at the heart of what it means to walk humbly with God. Prideful people do not understand God's heart for the injustice in our world. In humility God lifts us up and shows us His perspective and empowers us with His grace to change things for good.

Isaiah 42:1-4 (NIV) 1 "Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations. 2 He will not shout or cry out, or raise his voice in the streets. 3 A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice; 4 he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth. In his law the islands will put their hope."

1 comment:

"Spite" said...

Pastor Chris,

It's nice to see you "blogging" again. I have a pretty slow dial-up connection here at the hospital, so I can't get on the church's website, but it was nice to see you post something here.

John has told me that you are all praying for us and thinking of me and I appreciate it so much. I also enjoy that I have not felt obligated to phone calls and visits. John is much better at talking on the phone, and my headaches make it not worth answering lately anyways. I am pretty antisocial right now.

I think about you all daily as I pray and I know that your thoughts are with me too. It's a wonderful feeling to know you're all there.

Thank you for being a friend! And thank you for the encouragement you provide. Also, thank you for being there for John. He is overwhelmed.

Darla Laughlin