Tuesday, May 13, 2008

incredible weather-incredible times?

Has anybody taken note of all this weather? A cyclone kills 100,000 in Myanmar, tornados bring death to the midwest, floods on the east coast, wild fires on the west, and a devastating earthquake in china with a rising death toll over 10,000-all happening in a week. I've not even mentioned the financial storms or the potential storms of violence/war/terrorism that could happen at any moment. These are at least interesting times. I wonder about these times and the potential correlation to things written by the prophets and apostles. I wonder about the world my son will grow to be a man in. I also wonder about the church and whether she is prepared to stand and be the light of Jesus through these times. Maybe this season of history will call forth something incredible from us-maybe like generations past we will answer the call supernatural love of Jesus Christ. May we be empowered for these days!

Ephesians 1:19 (NLT) 19 I pray that you will begin to understand the incredible greatness of his power for us who believe him...

No comments: