Thursday, October 30, 2008

rude

1 Cor. 13:5
“…Love is not rude…”

Recent studies conclude that people today are significantly more rude than 10 years ago. In our highly productive, fast moving, marginless culture people are stretched to the max. They feel pressure. People under pressure put people under pressure. This leads to a rude society. I sometimes can be rude. As I reflect on the times and situations where I am rude (whether it is with strangers, friends, or even my own family) I find it is usually when I am in a hurry to get somewhere or get something done. Jesus advice to me and other rude ones like me: SLOW DOWN.

1 Corinthians 14:1 “Let love be your highest goal…”

If we are to be people oriented instead of task oriented then we must create margin for people and reduce our pace.

We are looking at love and there are some things that love is and there are some things that love is not. Not envious-not boastful-not proud-not rude AND not in too much of a hurry. Jesus never seemed rushed-have you noticed that? He noticed people. He valued people. People were his task. He was not self-focused. He was others-focused.

Try slowing down a little around people today and see if you are able to improve the quality of your relationships.

No comments: