Monday, November 27, 2006

Negativity-the opposite of gratitude

Ok, so what is the opposite of Thanksgiving? It has to be complaining and criticizing. I am doing my “Thank-ups" this morning, and I am purposing to go through an entire day without complaining or critcizing not even one thing.

Philippians 2:14 (NLT) In everything you do, stay away from complaining and arguing,

Matthew 7:1-2 (MSG) "Don't pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults—unless, of course, you want the same treatment. 2 That critical spirit has a way of boomeranging.

Yes, in the spirit of thanksgiving I, super pastor, will attempt one full day without saying one itsy bitsy little thing that could be any form of complaint or criticism of any kind. I am going to say something good or I am not going to say anything at all. Can I make it? Can anyone? We will see. Wish me luck. (Pray too!) p.s. If you want to really trip on some scripture, trip on this: (I sat and meditated on this for an hour)

Matthew 12:34-37 (NLT) “For whatever is in your heart determines what you say. A good person produces good words from a good heart, and an evil person produces evil words from an evil heart. And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgment day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."

Chris Bennett
New Community Church
email: chrisb@newcommchurch.org
phone: 702-435-9505
web: http://www.ncclv.com

No comments: