Tuesday, November 14, 2006

transformation

Did you know that you can now buy a completely new face? Recently I saw on the evening news the first complete face transplant. It was amazing! I spent the other morning on a web-site for “attractive prototypes”. They use computers to alter people’s faces to fit the prototype for what is considered to be attractive. Above is the picture of a young woman before and after her face has undergone a computer generated transformation. It is interesting to see the process from where her face was to the image you see now.

Transformation. Interesting word. It is what first drew me to Christ-the promise of change-to be something or someone different than what I had become. I felt ugly and ashamed of who I was. I wanted a do-over.

The Good News is that God gives us the gift of a “do-over”. He takes the old and makes us new. But the newness is different than what people are looking for today. The scriptures mention the “hidden person of the heart”. This is the place where God does His extreme makeover.

Jesus, the most magnetic person ever takes up residence in my heart and a transformation begins.

If I like, each day I can be “clothed in Him” (Rom. 13:14).
He is a refreshing fragrance coming out of my life. (2 Cor. 2:14)
He refreshes my attitude. (Phil. 2:5)
He illuminates my personality. (John 15:4)
He gives great face lifts as well. (Ps. 34:5)

In short, I have His image restored in me.
Jesus in me is quite compelling. He’s interesting, humorous and compassionate.

He is all that in me and so much more! AND there is more to come!

So I’m not tall, dark, and handsome. WHO CARES!
I’m transforming. We all are!
“But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.” 2 Corinthians 3:18 (NKJV)

No comments: