Thursday, February 08, 2007

Redefining Love

When it comes to love, you get a lot of opinions. Frankly, the whole concept has become quite blurry.

What is real love? And is there a difference between that and the heart-pounding adrenaline rush you feel when you see...? You know the person I'm talking about. It’s that hot guy playing basketball at the gym. Or the amazing girl who makes eye contact as she passes by. The friend of a friend of a friend-maybe a best friend. It's that person we keep track of when he or she is in the same room, whose comments and actions we analyze to no end.

What about feelings? Love certainly involves feeling doesn’t it? I mean, I remember when I met my wife Michelle, Bam! I was in a world of emotions and feelings. How do I manage these wonderful gifts called emotions? Are they friends or enemies? How do they play into this thing called love?

And sex-what about sex? Love involves sex right? The entertainment industry tells us that whenever two people hook up in pop culture, they have sex. What does this mean to the possibility and the growth of love?

The Bible says that God is Love. What does He have to say? Are there answers to these questions that cut through all the blur and confusion?

Join me this weekend at New Community Church as we bring the blur of love back into focus and celebrate together clarity from God's viewpoint.

No comments: