Thursday, January 10, 2008

Fruit of my lips

Proverbs 10:21 (NIV) 21 The lips of the righteous nourish many, but fools die for lack of judgment.

It is so true that the words we say can be the difference in others lives. They are the fruit of life. Our words come out of our mouths and into the hearts of so many who need to hear something good. And since God has given us new and good hearts our words can be transformative for others. I am hoping to say some good things today-some delicious things today.

Proverbs 25:11 (NIV) 11 A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.

By the way…I think I made it through a whole day yesterday without negative speech!

1 comment:

Michelle W said...

Well, I almost made it. Does that count? I was doing pretty well today. I was careful and thought about my words before i said them. I tried to think of my words today as a gift I was giving away. I was doing very well. That is until the dog got up on my counter and ate the chicken i was cooking for dinner. Suffice it to say that the next words out of my mouth were not life giving and they were not a gift. Does it count if my words are directed at a dog? jk. So once again, I repent. I repent for my outburst of anger. I repent for the very negative words spoken to one of God's creatures. I repent for the thoughts that came to my mind. I fully repent for not surrendering that moment to God. Now as I go to the store to pick up more chicken I stopped to write this comment so that I will be able to center on God and push away the negative thoughts and instead look on His blessings.