Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Think about it


Ok so I’m reading a very good book right now entitled The 4:8 Principle. Today I read, “Neuroscientists can now demonstratethat every thought sends electrical and chemical signals throughout your brain, ultimately affecting each cell in your body. Thoughts influence your sleep, your digestion, your pulse, the chemical makeup of your blood, all other bodily functions. The secret conversations you hold in the privacy of your own mind are shaping your destiny little by little.”

The average person thinks some fifty thousand thoughts a day. Wow! Is that good news or bad? Food for thought huh?

What do you think about yourself? What do you think about your abilities, gifts, ect…? Do you think God is good? What kinds of thoughts are running around loose in your head? I am learning to think more about what I’m thinking about. My thoughts determine my experience of Joy.

Philip. 4:8
And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

Thinking excellent thoughts is the goal. Think about it.

Chris

No comments: