Tuesday, September 30, 2008

JesusHD


Now we see things imperfectly…we will see everything with perfect clarity.” 1 Cor. 13:12

A little over a year ago I went to a gathering at a friends for lunch. He had a football game on his gigantic new HDTV and the clarity was amazing. Never before had I seen so much detail. I had an HDTV but I did not have the HD signal converter so I went to the cable company and got one. I was amazed at how much of a difference seeing shows in HD made for the overall viewing experience. I would switch back and forth from ESPN regular to HD and just be blown away. In fact, I was up recently on Saturday night watching college football highlights and they played clips that were not in HD and it was almost frustrating how poor the quality seemed to me. Funny...that was normal to me a couple of years ago. And when I was a kid, I would be happy to see games in black and white. (Am I that old?)

I Cor. 13 has been described as the love chapter. It seeks to clearly define what love is and what love is not. But even after going into great detail, it say we still "see things imperfectly". I am convinced that it does not matter how much information I get "about" love, until I see Jesus for myself, my life experience is greatly diminished. Life is enhanced through connection to a Pure Source. That connection is Jesus. That Source is God.

An analog signal cannot deliver an HD image. If you are receiving an analog signal into your TV set you are missing a world of detail and definition. It does not even matter if you have a great TV. The source must be digital. God is Love. His Spirit is pure signal. His Son Jesus is an exact representation of God's image. Jesus is God in HD.
John 1:18 (NCV) "No one has ever seen God. But God the only Son is very close to the Father, and he has shown us what God is like."
How's your signal?

No comments: