Monday, July 07, 2008

fasting teaches me...

Every time I fast I regain focus, perspective, and closeness to God. During a fast, I totally get reminded of what is most important and and sometimes what is not. Denying myself every type of natural or physical fulfillment clears out all distractions and opens my spirit to connect with God. I find it extremely helpful in keeping my fire burning. Rather than weakening me it strengthens me. I recommend fasting as a regular practice to anyone who wants to deepen their relationship with God.
New Community Church is challenged to fast after dinner tuesday until dinner Wednesday after our Prayer gathering at 6:30 pm. Dinner is a pot-luck and childcare is provided.
Our fasting focus is that our church would be filled with the fire and passion of God's Spirit!

1 comment:

Sambi Katano said...

When I asked God for double the blessings, He allowed me to do a double fast as well. Not what I was expecting, but it makes perfect sense. So I just trust Him and do it. But I sure am hungry...