Wednesday, July 02, 2008

miracles-do you believe?

Once a man had a demon possessed child. The demon did great harm to the boy. The man asked Jesus that "if He could" to miraculously heal his son. Jesus said, "If you can?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

Overcoming unbelief can be a challenge. Even Jesus disciples did not have the faith to cast out the demon. There are times when our faith is weak. Maybe we have dealt with something for a long time and we feel stuck with it-it is NEVER going to change the enemy tells us. Or it just seems so big and we just feel ovewhelmed by it.

Someone wrote yesterday that our prayers reflect what we believe about God. I thought about that for quite a while. If that is true then how should that affect my personal prayers?

I have some miracles that I am asking God for. Two have to do with others and one has to do with a personal desire. I struggle with belief for my personal desire. May God grant me the faith to believe in His power to do over and above what I think is possible.

HELP ME OVERCOME MY UNBELIEF!

By the way cure to unbelief is found a little later in our story. The disciples asked Jesus why they could not heal and He said that "this kind of demon only comes out by prayer and fasting".

If you need a miracle and you struggle sometimes to have faith, fast and pray with us today and then join us tonight at 6:30 as we pray for miracles. We will have a pot-luck meal at the end of our prayer time.

Prayer time: Wednesday 6:30
Childcare provided
Potluck meal

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for some healing miracles in the life of those around me. I'm praying for miracles in the lives of the men around me, specifically that God would take them to the next level. I spoke with a man yesterday, his wife had no prayer requests but he, he wanted me to pray that he would take the next step in his walk with God. And I did too. I think I long to see a generation where the men are taking their leadership and confidence and guiding families in righteousness. I'm praying for the doubters, that God, even though he shouldn't, would prove himself in undoubtful ways. Do I believe God, yes. Is faithfulness hard, yes. Is it worth it, oh yes!!!

Sambi Katano said...

Many many years ago, I used to pass off miracles as just normal occurances that defeated the highest odds. While those are included, since then I have seen and witnessed miracles that we just cannot explain with our ability to reason. When such things happen so often, it brings joy to my heart that God is still working with us.