Tuesday, December 20, 2005

the new me

In last weekend's services we talked about our true identity. We said that God is the only one who knows us enough to name us. Do you know who you really are? Are you getting a sense of your destiny?

So if any one be in Christ, there is a new creation; the old things have passed away; behold all things have become new II Cor. 5:17

I am taking this to heart. I am believing it this morning. I am choosing to live from my new identity in Christ. I intend to be my best me today! In Christ I am wise, compassionate, thoughtful and courageous. In Christ I have a whole new world available to me. He lives in me and moves in me. In Him I have my inspired being. I am exploring a range of new possibilities in my character. I am looking at the life of Jesus and seeing the things he did-you know, the way He actually lived and I am just going to live like that. He said I could so I am just going to believe Him. He said that the things He did we could do. In fact, He said even "greater" things we would do. I am not quite sure what that means exactly but whatever it does mean it has got to be awesome. I am daring to go on this journey. I do feel like a little kid. I feel a childlike faith but mixed with some spiritual maturity that has been forged out as well. I wonder what God has for me today? Who will I encounter? What will be the challenges? One thing I know. I have the opportunity to show the world Jesus today. This has so much promise.
I am a child of God! I am the righteousness of God In Christ! I am the light of the world! Salt of the earth! I am a branch in the true vine! I am chosen by God to bear fruit! I am more than a conqueror through Him who loves me! I could go on and on.
I must sound a little crazy these days I know. But leave me alone its working. How about you? Are you in love? Are you encouraged? Are you inspired? Are you reading a good book? Are building some great relationships in Christ? Are you on a journey to discover who you really are? I want to be an encouraging voice in your life. Go to Him today and tomorrow and the next day. Let Him bring your heart to life. Let Him be the strength of your heart. Let Him be the most powerful voice in your life. Let Him lead you to your glorious destiny. Don't allow another day to be wasted on an old false identity. May you come alive today, teaming with a renewed sense of who God has made you to be. May you know your unique giftedness and give it away to us! May you be life to others today! Bless those around you.

Becoming like Him and taking you with me, Chris

Rom. 12:1-2 So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
The Message

No comments: