Friday, December 30, 2005

reprioritizing

Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you. Rejoice in the wife of your youth. She is a loving doe, a graceful deer. Let her breasts satisfy you always. May you always be captivated by her love. Proverbs 5:18


I have been thinking a lot about the priority of relationships lately. I been thinking about fresh attitudes concerning many relationships I currently enjoy. Before my little partner Sam Wise the Brave(my son) came along, Michelle I would go out on a date at least once a week. I remember that I used to proclaim, "even after we have kids, we will have our date night!" Well, Sam is headed toward 2 years old now and I can tell you that I am a hypocrite. All of my boasting quickly ended as we, like many others who have gone before, began to allow our world to be completely altered by a little man who seems to think that it is all about him. Recently, Michelle rolled over in bed and said "we have got to get some romance back in our lives".

So here we are, at the Renaissance Hotel in downtown OKC, Ok. We have just left the little man crying at his gammas' house and I am tranforming myself into Casanova for the next 24 hours.

The most important relationship I have (on earth) is with Michelle. Everything else (on earth) must come after that. I want her to know my heart for her again. I want her to know my pursuit like the early days. She is still so beautiful and interesting to me. I like my work. I find it interesting but my wife Michelle has so much to offer and I have been missing it.

No more!
I am reprioritizing!

In '06 I plan to recapture her heart and rekindle the fires of romance in our marriage. She had better watch out!

Well, gotta go! Dinners to plan-bubble bath to buy...

Chris

No comments: