Thursday, February 02, 2006

God’s life-Is it in you?

"...difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." Matt. 7:14

I have been watching TV with a little bit different eye these days. I have noticed that most advertisements are promising life beyond what you are currently experiencing. I noticed Gatorade has some liquid that if you put it "in you"; you will instantly become a peak performer and experience life at a whole new level. The catch phrase is "Gatorade-Is it in you?" They have found a way to put this amazing stuff in a bottle for us.

Jesus said that He has life "in Him". He says that he came to give us "life in all its fullness". What is life in all its fullness? What did Jesus mean when he said that? In John 5 He talks about "crossing from death to life". When you cross the bridge to life, what do you see or experience? I am devoting my life to this question. I want to be one of the "few who find it".

Many think of life in a dichotomy: The life we live here and now, and then the life we live in eternity. If Jesus gives me eternal life, is He talking about something that begins now or later? Listen to these words of Jesus as He speaks of a narrow way of living.

"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it." Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. Matt. 7:13-14

Could it be that many of us are totally missing life now? According to Jesus, many people are on the wrong path. They are not experiencing life but death. They are existing but not really living. He also says that many who think they are on the path of life are only fooling themselves.

Luke 11:35-36 (NLT)
Make sure that the light you think you have is not really darkness. If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a floodlight is shining on you."

Jesus says that as I put my faith in Him, He gives me eternal life. I believe that life begins now. I believe that there is so much more to this "life" that He offers, more than we can even think to ask for or imagine.

Over the next weeks we will explore together this "life" that Jesus gives(if anyone really reads these). We will take a look at it as it appears in every day situations. We will seek to understand how to receive and truly walk in this life.

Are you experiencing this life? I saw a Taco bell commercial yesterday and deeply satisfied costumers would declare "I’m full" over and over as they purchased the delicious food off of the value menu. Lately, I’m finding out more about another filling source of nurishment. Let’s go to some new places together over the next several weeks. Let’s explore this abundant, full life that Jesus came to give? Ask Him for it today. Let’s eat it up until we are full.

John 6:27 (NLT)
But you shouldn't be so concerned about perishable things like food. Spend your energy seeking the eternal life that I, the Son of Man, can give you. For God the Father has sent me for that very purpose."

Chris

1 comment:

MargitG said...

Thanks, Chris, for sharing the thoughts Jesus gave you this morning -- they are just what I needed to hear.

Bless you, brother!