Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Oneness

"My prayer is...that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: John 17

What an incredible prayer! What do you think Jesus was praying? Being one with each other as the Father and the Son are one? How is that possible? Would Jesus pray that if it was impossible?

The opposite of oneness is division. We know plenty about that. That is Satan’s specialty. He continually seeks to break things up that would be in harmony with God. Your heart, your marriage, your family, your hopes and dreams. He knows God’s vision for us is that we would be one-deeply knowing and deeply caring. So he brings division - an alternative path. It is a path of isolation from those who I would be one with. He has had incredible success with this on earth. He did it in heaven once too. I hate him!

I believe that God’s life is found in deep relational connections. I am convinced after years of experience that the fulness of God’s life is found primarily in moments of complete unity with another. When fear subsides and we feel totally secure, we experience God’s life. We connect with the presence of another. Spirit connects with spirit. A release of life happens in these moments. This is also influencing my views about the sexual experience between a man and a woman. (but that is a whole other e-mail)

I believe it is possible to enter in to God and have God inter into me. I also believe that it is possible to enter into others as well as have others enter into me. In some strange way, I think this is what heaven will be. It will be depth of knowing.

"Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me now." I Cor. 13:12

Right now we grope to experience what will be common in our future. Eternity will be filled with experiences of oneness. Depth of knowing, being one with everyone and everything will be our norm. We can only imagine. It will be sheer joy!

I am seeking to be one with God today. Right here. Right now. He in me and I in him. As a result, I plan to be one with you as well. I wonder where my enemy will try to divide today? I don’t want to let him succeed. Join me in seeking to be one with others today. Seek be be in harmony with your Father. Ask for His Spirit to be full inside of you and listen for His voice throughout your day.

Father, Allow us to be in complete unity with you and everyone else today. Make us whole. Shown us life like never before.

"...may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me." John 17:23
Chris

No comments: