Friday, February 17, 2006

Joy camp-part 2

I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go to the house of the LORD." Ps. 122:1

In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

The church to me is joy camp. Life is too depressing for church not to be inspiring and uplifting. It is a place of fresh beginnings and deep renewal. We experience times of transcendance and wonder of who God is. His presence is known and felt among us and excites our hearts. For those who believe and have open hearts-He fills them with Joy!

Our Father has given us a wonderful gift-birth into His family. We are now brothers and sisters in this growing family. As such we are to enjoy our times when we gather. It should be a blast! I am intentional about times of laughter together and the like during our services. I want the environment to be fun-loving. Yes, I want it to be both fun and loving. I want us to be glad to see each other and promote joy for one another. We are to see good in each other and draw it out. We are to better one another’s lives and give great joy to the world. The church should be a joy factory!

Yes, one of the main things you should take from our gatherings is joy! We are to abolish depression and discouragement! All of us are facing tough times in one way or another. What we need is a group of people who are for us. When we walk in they are sincerely glad to be with us. They are interested in our story and are willing to laugh with us or cry with us or pray for us or just sit and listen to us.

I love my life-group. I am part of a group of friends that are for each other. We share our struggles and successes. We are starting to know each other more deeply and promoting joy in each other’s lives. Being in my group gives me life-God’s life. That is what this is all about isn’t it? God’s life? Are you part of one of our life groups? If not, reply to this e-mail and I will send you a list or talk with you personally and help you find one that is right for you. You need some Christ-focused friends who regularly help you return to joy in life.

I am glad to be a part of the church. I don’t know what I would do if there was no church. The followers of Jesus have saved my life. I, as much as anyone, know the church is not perfect, but it still is the greatest thing on earth. I look forward to the joy of being with you our next time together.

You have the ability to make people’s day don’t you know? You can have God’s joy in you today and you can spread that joy all around. You can be a breath a fresh air in the lives of others today. Pray right now and ask God to fill you with His Spirit and let His joy begin to flow through you.

May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope. May he be given glory in the church and in Christ Jesus forever and ever through endless ages. Amen. Eph. 3:19-21

Joy to the world,
Chris

No comments: