Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Has Satan outsmarted you?

When you forgive this man, I forgive him, too...so that Satan will not outsmart us. For we are very familiar with his evil schemes. 2 Cor. 2:10-11 (NLT)

Relationships are a main area of attack. A few years back a man I trusted turned against me. Soon after he turned others against me. Satan had sown lies and misunderstanding. The devil's plan was to hurt the church and hurt the church he did. We have dear loved ones who walk with us no more. I felt many emotions. Frustration and anger began to settle in.

Then I began to see the "unseen war" more clearly. I took our staff away for a few days and we prayed about the matter.

  • We used our spiritual weapons and began to thwart Satan's scheme.
  • We asked God to give us a forgiving heart and remove any resentment or bitterness that had begun to take root in our spirit.
  • We began to bless those who were cursing us.
  • Not long after that we called a fast in the church.

It was a glorious three days that in my opinion broke us free from an enemy attack.

Satan wanted to make our fun-loving church into a place of division. He wanted us to become closed and gaurded. He sought to bring depression to our place of joy. But we did not let him outsmart us. Don't let him do it to you. Remember you can always drop the "F" bomb! FORGIVE!

No comments: