Thursday, February 12, 2009

open war is upon you...


"Open war is upon you whether you would risk it or not" Aragorn, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

We too must confront the reality that open war is upon us whether we believe it or not-whether we realize it or not.

Revelation 12:17 (NCV)
"Then the dragon was very angry...and he went off to make war against all her other children--those who obey God's commands and who have the message Jesus taught."


Think about the things that have happened to you. Are some of those things just a coincidence? Are you kidding? Do you live in the awareness of the unseen world at war around you? Do you believe that your heart is a target? Your loved ones? Your coworkers?

Are you a warrior engaged in the "ultimate battle for the hearts and souls of men? Do you know what your weapons are? Do you know how to use them?

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then..." Eph. 6:10-14


Join me at NCC and here on my blog over the few weeks as we encourage soldiers to engage the enemy and fight.


Neh. 4:14 Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel the spiritual battle in my life. My goal is to be able to rightly divide the word of truth to fight in this "unseen" battle. I pray God provides me an opportunity to finally become one his strongest warriors! It starts with consistency and discipline. I need to be more involved in fellowship. I am so blessed by New Community Church! We are so blessed to have you, our spiritual General! I will be there next time if I have to take a bus. Thank you Lord for giving me strength........