Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Perfect Day

A couple of weeks ago I had what I am calling a perfect day.

First it was our church's 11 B-day and we celebrated big-time! We had a large energetic crowd that brought the largest offering in our church's history. People responded to the invitation to receive Christ. The Band nailed one of my old favorites by Reo Speedwagon. I could not believe how much fun church was that day. I went to eat a great lunch with my family. Then OU one a basketball game on TV. I decided after the game to go to see a movie. On the way I called a great friend Ted who lives in Phoenix to celebrate my 11 year victory day by phone. I shared with him our great day and I told him it was to bad he was so far away else we would go out to party big time that night. He congratulated me and wished he could be here too. I went into the theater to see "Slumdog Millionaire" it was incredible-A must see! The movie was almost over when I received a text, "I land at 6:30 don't make me get a taxi...AND DINNER'S ON YOU!" I could not believe Ted had done it. He drove straight to the airport a got on a plane. We talked and laughed over dinner until the restaurant made us leave. After I took Ted back to the airport I thought, "That was a perfect day". Life is fun when you give permission to celebrate it. I'll never forget that day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope to have friendships like that someday. How encouraging.

Catherine