Friday, February 13, 2009

The Lord is a Warrior

Exodus 15:3
The Lord is a warrior!
The Lord is his name.

4 He has thrown Pharaoh's chariots and army into the sea.
Pharaoh's best officers were drowned in the Red Sea.

5 The deep water covered them.
They sank to the bottom like a rock.
6 Your right hand, O Lord, wins glory because it is strong.
Your right hand, O Lord, smashes your enemies.

7 With your unlimited majesty, you destroyed those who attacked you.
You sent out your burning anger.
It burned them up like straw.
8 With a blast from your nostrils, the water piled up.
The waves stood up like a dam.
The deep water thickened in the middle of the sea.

9 “The enemy said, ‘I'll pursue them!
I'll catch up with them!
I'll divide the loot!
I'll take all I want!
I'll use my sword!
I'll take all they have!'
10 Your breath blew the sea over them.
They sank like lead in the raging water.
11 “Who is like you among the gods, O Lord?

Who is like you?

No comments: