Tuesday, February 26, 2008

duel citizenship

Philippians 3:20 (NIV) 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

Each day is another opportunity to set my heart on the hope of heaven. I feel the pull of earth on my heart. I don’t want to love this life too much but in some ways I do. There is so much that I have come to enjoy. The truth is that I am not as eager as I once was about Jesus’ return. My heart is sometimes wieghted down with cares of this life and the decietfulness of riches. I am in a time of repentance and fasting. Just as Paul said, "I am beating my body and making it my slave". Only then will my heart will break the gravitational pull of earth and my spirit will again be filled with the love of God. Love for the world or love of the Father in my heart…my choice huh? I know this sounds crazy for me as a pastor to write this but it is true. Pray for me. I don’t want duel citizenship-just a temporary work visa will do.

Colossians 3:2 (NLT) 2 Let heaven fill your thoughts. Do not think only about things down here on earth.

No comments: