Sunday, February 24, 2008

A good example

Philip. 3:17 Dear brothers and sisters, pattern your lives after mine, and learn from those who follow our example.

That is a bold statement...pattern your life after mine. Can I say that? Is this what Jesus meant when He said to let our light shine before men? Isn't it so they can see? I am called to order my life (public and private) in such a way that is serves as an example to others. The pattern laid out is the way that Jesus lived.

1 John 2:6 Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Christ did.

The way I treat people, view money, entertain myself, schedule time, everything is to be "patterned" after the Christ-life. Paul said, "pattern your lives after mine" because he was in full pursuit of the life of Jesus.

So I am challenged with this today-can I say to others, "pattern your life after mine"? I can give it my best shot today. With God's help, I will set a good example today.

No comments: