Friday, February 29, 2008

pressing heavenward

1 Corinthians 2:9-10 (NIV) 9 However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"-- 10 but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.

If you have been reading then you know I have been diligently seeking to set my heart back on pilgrimage…on things of the new heaven and new earth. I came across this C.S. Lewis quote from his book The Last Battle.

“As Aslan spoke He no longer looked to them like a lion; but the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them. And for us this is the end of all the stories, and we can most truly say that they all lived happily evr after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story. All their adventures in this world and all their life in Narnia have only been the cover and the title page. Now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read; which goes on forever; in which every chapter is better than the one before.”

What encouragement to my heart to press on to this day and take as many people with me as I possibly can on this Journey to the next life where all our hopes and dreams will finally be fully realized.

Philippians 3:13-14 (NIV) 13 …But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

No comments: