Monday, February 18, 2008

Keep moving forward

The other night I watched Disney's recent movie"Meet the Robinsons" where a small boy abandoned to an orphanage overcomes life's biggest challenges by keeping moving forward. He fails time and again but keeps moving forward. Eventually he meets with the fulfillment of his dream to have the love of a family.

God spoke to me through that cartoon. In fact, I drew great strength as I reflected upon my own journey through the ups and downs of life. Refusing to quit-continuing to bring God my heart-not allowing my feelings to dictate-and just "keep moving forward" have served me well over the years.

I think Paul said it as good as anyone, "one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

As I look to the next leg of my journey, I don't know all that I will face. But I intend to keep moving forward until I reach the finish line and win the prize. Let us finish well.

No comments: