Thursday, February 28, 2008

more eager

Daniel 12:2-3 (NIV) 2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.

I am trying to set my sights on the realities of heaven and release myself from the deceptive desires of earth. This scripture excites my heart as much as anything I have read in a while. As I eagerly await His coming, I also anticipate my own final transformation. My “lowly body” will become like “His glorious body”. He who dwells in unapproachable light will be approachable. I will see Him and be like Him because at last I will see Him like He really is. I am longing for the new heaven and the new earth.

I think I am a little ways away from where I was two days ago. I feel and eagerness and a desire on the rise in me. I want to be wise, I want to lead many to righteousness, AND I want to shine forever! I know I sound like some kind of religious nut…I don’t care.

Philippians 3:20-21 (NIV) 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

No comments: